Friday, November 14, 2008

Race prep

This week I've been able to get some good spinning and running in. Finn and I got out for a night run after dinner a couple of days ago. Bonnie had a meeting so Finn and I thought it might be fun to go for a moon lit run. I'm not sure when the full moon is but we've got to be close. We didn't even need a light, except with the exception of when the occasional car passed by. We also got out for a morning hike with a good friend. She lives in Alaska full time and has a second home down here. She decided it was time to get away so she come down for some r and r. She also finally got to meet Finn.

Tomorrow I'm racing at the 12 Hours of Temecula. Think I mentioned in an earlier post that I'll be racing on a four man single speed team. We're looking to have fun with the last race of the season. I'll racing on this Siren Song full 29. Brendan got it set up for me yesterday, I'll be running 32X20. He'll be running the same.
I think it will be fun to race on a team instead of solo. It will give me a chance to watching some racing. Mary is racing solo so I'll get to help her in the pits as well. Unfortunately I have to be back to school by 6:00 so I will not be able to be there for the end of the race. I think the plan is to have me put in so extra mileage before I have to duck out.

If your at the race stop by and say howdy, but more importantly don't laugh at me when I'm walking the uphills.

Ride on!

No comments: