Friday, December 12, 2008

And Don't Forget the Eggs

Got some good riding in yesterday. We needed dog food and some other groceries so I headed down to Hemet with the B.O.B. trailer in tow. I took the rode down so the trailer wouldn't be bouncing all over the place. I took this shot at the last watering hole before heading up.
It was unseasonably warm, in the 80's down low and near 70 up by us. As I climbed up the control road I got to thinking, I'm out of shape. I spent most of the time in the granny just fighting to keep it above 4 miles an hour. I figured I was pulling about 40 pounds in the trailer. I've never weighed any of the loads I've brought up so after the ride I thought I would throw the B O B on the scale and see what I was really pulling. Well I was about 20 pound off, I guess I won't get the job on the fair circuit guessing peoples weight. I was 10 pounds from maxing out the weight the trailer is rated for. Oops. Now don't get me wrong there is still a long way to go to get back in shape.

Some of you might be thinking if I'm pulling a trailer why do I have a backpack as well. I usually like to stick things like the camera, food and extra clothing in the pack just because it's easier to get to.

Today is nice again. Me Finn and the girls have been out for a hike and now that he is resting I think I'll have a bit of a spin. Don't worry it's supposed to get winter like here over the weekend.

Ride on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baah!
I say load that BOBy up 'til the frame's sagging under the weight. Then you just need to add a little air to the tire.

Now dragging it up the fire road?!

That's a little extreme, if you ask me.