Monday, March 16, 2009

Great Monday

I had to pick up some audio equipment down in Hemet this morning. The store didn't open until 10:00 so I didn't leave too early. I shot down the control road and through town pretty quickly so I stopped for a cup of joe, and a bagel. Spring has sprung here in CA, the citrus groves are ripe with fruit.
On the way back up the control road I was, as you can imagine, going much slower. I came across these tracks. It had came down the road while I was in Hemet. I could tell because its tracks were over mine from my trip down. I sent these images to a friend who knows a thing or two about tracking...I mean his licence plate reads TRACKER. I'm pretty sure it's mountain lion.


Good training, 45 miles, nearly 4,000' of climbing, coupled with wildlife and coffee. Not just good training, good day.
Ride on!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm doing a research paper on mountain lions for my natural history class... any suggestions for a topic?