Thursday, January 21, 2010

We've been crazy busy with the show. I don't know if I've mentioned it but we have a guest set designer for this production. It's the first one Bonnie hasn't done in our nearly 12 years out here. The designer is a former student and good friend. He is the only student I've had that has taken on the challenge of competing in a 24 hour mountain bike race. He killed it a few years back with 16 laps when he was only 17 years old. The other day he kicked my butt on a road ride, this guys is strong. Not only is this guy a strong rider but an exceptional designer. He didn't just ride when he was a student here, he also managed to be voted the Academy's outstanding artist his Senior year, not too shabby. It's been fun working with him again but we didn't get nearly enough time to ride. Next time. It's also been a little strange not working with Bonnie. Ya know I probably haven't said it but I miss working with her. With our new positions at school we done see each other nearly as much. She is coming to the preview tonight, I'll be curious to see what she thinks. Although she may not make it. We are supposed to get a bunch of snow tonight, somewhere between 1 and 2 feet. I might be walking home.

On a biking note, looks like things are coming along on the road bike. Materials are being figured out and if all goes well we'll be slapping parts on it as soon as I get back from Chicago. Speaking of Chicago I get to check out the new wheelset we'll be going with. Sean at Johnny Sprockets has recommended the Fulcrum tubeless system. I've checked them out on line and they seem like a great wheelset for what I want to do. Things are also shaping up for a new ride that I'll be able to showcase at Old Pueblo. Brad, my teammate will also be flashing his new steed. Now we have no excuses.

Better run, we've got a bunch of little stuff to do before preview.

Ride on!

No comments: