Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So far spring break has been good for riding. Monday I got in 100 miles. Yesterday I got in some spinning and Gary and I got out for a hike. Today I got in some good climbing, about 4,000'. I'll top that off with some spinning after the girls and I get out for a run before the rain and snow start falling. I'm getting most of my miles in on my new Trauco. I really like it. It's great on the road and it climbs like a goat. It feels smooth on the single track as well. I'm using a rigid fork on it and I really like that on the climbs. I was a little apprehensive about it on the techie single track but it preforms quite well. I've got to do a little more work but the is to be expected. I'm really thinking about using this bike with slicks for the 508. I mean I haven't been on a road bike for about 5 or 6 years now. All of my riding is done on a mt. bike. Even when I rode my bike from CA to WI a few years back I did it on a full suspension mt. bike. Since I don't know any better, maybe it's the way to go.

Ride on!

No comments: