Saturday, August 28, 2010

It goes by so quick. It seems like just yesterday we were headed back to WI for the summer. This past week we made our pilgrimage back to SoCal. We had some great stops along the way, enjoying warm summer nights with a full moon rising. We'll miss everyone back in WI but we are looking forward to meeting our new students and catching up with returning students. Over the years I've really grown to love the changing of our seasons. It feels so good to get off the hill and back to my roots for the holidays and summers. But it also is good to come back to a place of our own.

Enough reflection, let's talk bikes. I wrapped up the summer with a long ride. I met Brad early in the morning, each of us with about 20 mile in. We then tacked on another 45 before we met up with Rachel. From there we rode all over Kettle and up into Delefield, hitting the Lapham climb twice (Rachel's idea, ouch). Yesterday I got out for my fist road ride ever in Idyllwild. The altitude and grade were apparent. In 35 mile I climbed 4,000'. Today I'll get a short ride in as well as a long over due hike with Gary and Cool Hand. I'm looking forward to my usual Saturday morning hike with Finn and the girls, a tradition I just love.

Ride on!

No comments: